A Wheeling Country Day School education is an investment in your child providing the foundation for all future learning. As an independent school, Wheeling Country Day School has the freedom to let passionate teachers create educational experiences to meet your child’s individual needs without state mandates regarding curriculum, textbooks, and testing.
We recognize that every family situation is different and that even a small amount of reduced tuition can make a critical difference for many families; therefore, any family with concerns about its ability to afford full tuition is encouraged to request information about Need-Based Flexible Tuition.
Need-Based Flexible Tuition Mission
Wheeling Country Day School offers Need-Based Flexible Tuition to enroll students who could not otherwise afford to attend. No qualified student should be deterred by financial restraints from applying to Wheeling Country Day School, and families who feel they need assistance are encouraged to apply.
A Few Facts About Need-Based Flexible Tuition
- grants range from $2,090 to $7,200.
- is a grant; therefore, it is not required to be repaid to WCDS.
- is offered for students in full time preschool through fifth grade.
- decisions are made independently from admissions decisions.
- information is kept in strict confidence.
- requires reapplication each year.
- funds are not reserved for families whose paperwork or tax forms are incomplete.
- has a generous budget, but it is not unlimited; therefore, it is very important that families follow the application timeline in order to receive full consideration for reduced tuition; however, missed stated deadlines will not disqualify a family,
- decisions are confidential agreements between WCDS and the recipient family and should be treated accordingly.
Senior Kindergarten -Fifth Grade: $10,580.00
Preschool and Junior Kindergarten tuitions are dependent on the program chosen
with limited financial aid available.
To aid in objectively assessing a family’s ability to contribute toward tuition, a third-party system, FAST, the online service of Independent School Management (ISM), processes Need-Based Flexible Tuition applications.
- Click on the FAST logo above
- Click Start Application to begin
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available to you should you have any questions: 877-326-3278.
- The charge for the application is $43.00 to be paid to FAST by credit card after all sections have been completed.
- After completing the online application, you will be required to scan your tax documents (federal taxes including all schedules and W-2’s) to FAST for verification purposes. Your tax return must follow the submission of the online application and be submitted to FAST in order for your application to be processed and the information forwarded to the school.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be awarded or how much; rather FAST provides a need-based financial analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. The Review Committee uses this information as a starting point with additional considerations including the total budget and the needs of the entire applicant pool.
Please contact Julie Squibb (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.